Thursday, January 24, 2013

January Golf


I know many parts of the country they are expiring extremely cold temperatures.  While I would not call it a heat wave we thought it would be warm enough to play golf yesterday.  The high was expected to be in the 70’s.  The key phrase is ‘expected to’.  It did break sixty degrees for a few minutes when we started.  By the time we got to the seventh hole it had drop down to the mid 40’s.  I really don’t play well when I am shivering.

As you can see in the picture, the tee boxes were pretty worn.  But the real challenge was the frozen ground.  That made putting a real problem as your ball would just keep rolling.  I might wait until Spring before I go out again.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cliff said...

You stole one there Ralph. Good goin.

9:14 PM  
Blogger Mountain Mama said...

Gee it must be cold like it is here. The ground is so frozen I can't dig up my parsnips! I don't blame you for wanting to wait till spring to play again.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Cheyenne said...

I might wait until Spring to go out again too...but not to golf.

10:16 PM  
Blogger Granny Annie said...

You should have heard our plumbers trying to dig to reach the sewer line. Not only do we live on a bed of rock, the ground was frozen the day of the dig.

4:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home